Friday, January 6, 2012

Rolling Out 2012


It's 2012. With a great year behind me, it's time to start looking at what I'm going to do with competitive eating in the next 12 months.

There's much fewer available restaurant challenges in Southern California. My focus will shift toward raising the bar. There's a few extremely large challenges on the horizon (Fat Sal's in Westwood), as well as some places where I'd like to try double-challenge portions.

On the contest horizon, I plan to help Chick Fil-A of La Habra promote their nugget eating contests and participate selectively in a few other local events. I'm also looking into the possibility of tying charity work to competitive eating.

I'll be doing more work with Wreckless Eating as well. I'm joining their cast as a regular member. Matt Zion and company have a few ideas for raising the bar on mass consumption, and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens. There will also be more videos produced for my own YouTube channel, mostly challenge documentation and other short concept clips.



As far as this blog goes, there's plenty of old (and new) challenges to write about. In this New Year, a trip down to San Diego has yielded four wins and I'll write about them shortly.

1 comment: