Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Man Vs. Burritos


Anyone want to guess how much these burritos weigh? These are two Killer burritos from Chile Red in Rancho Cucamonga, CA. The menu says they weigh 3 lbs each, but there's way those are legitimate numbers.

The restaurant will give anyone who finishes one killer burrito a free t-shirt. There's no time limit, though the restaurant recognizes my previous challenge attempt at 9 minutes as the official record. When I asked if anyone had ever consumed two in one sitting, all I got were replies of amazement. Never in the restaurant's history - since 1985 - had that been done. So that became a test for me.


The first one went down around 9:30 real time, but the second one was agonizing. It took 37 minutes to completely finish both. There were moments I really wanted to stop. That was one of the most intense challenges I've ever endured. I'd estimate the weight of both burritos at 10 lbs, with lots of meat and cheese. The restaurant owners were most impressed by the display and gave me both challenges on the house. Their hospitality and support was simply exemplary. I need to go back and eat three.

Tomorrow night, I will be appearing on Man v Food Nation to attempt a 4 lb tri tip sandwich in San Luis Obispo. The opportunity was extraordinary. The finished product should be more entertaining than my YouTube productions.

No comments:

Post a Comment