Saturday, April 9, 2011

Stuffy's


Up in Longview, WA you'll find a cozy little diner named Stuffy's. I visited their second location - aptly named Stuffy's II - but the waitress assured me that they were just as good as the original.

My visit was back in the summer of 2009. I knew about this place because they have a few challenge meals, including a 12-egg omelet and a 5-lb burger, but I decided upon food a little more ordinary.


Hamburger patty, hash browns, toast, and gravy. This was probably one of the most wholesome meals I'd ever eaten while traveling. I appreciated all the roadside memorabilia that adorned the walls. And a whole bunch of pictures of famous people too. Wish I got a pic or two of all that.

The friendliness of the people of southern Washington state is what I remember best. It was certainly refreshing.

True to form, I couldn't resist getting their 4 lb cinnamon roll to go. Went for $6 at the time. I didn't eat any 'til I got home. The truly adventurous will eat it in the restaurant and get a t-shirt.

There's a goal for next time.

1 comment: