Friday, March 25, 2011

Difficult Presentation


Sometimes, it's hard to make things look right. This is the Triple Kingburger Challenge from Fatburger in Rancho Cucamonga. Got it a couple weeks back. I didn't like the way it looked when it came to my table. It resembled a culinary mess...


Wow. It didn't matter much which angle you looked at it. Taking off the wrapper may have made it worse. Flatter. Well.... maybe it isn't easy to take 24 oz of beef and make an appealing tower from it, but I've seen better examples before.

At least the taste was just as I remembered.

RANDOM THOUGHTS

While most of my posts are related to enormous meals and portions, I've recently begun to think of a different idea. Would it be possible to find a level of constant high consumption that might be stretched out throughout a whole day, to achieve caloric saturation without the usual feelings that result from buffets and challenges?

To be brutally honest: yes. There are plenty of athletes who maintain daily routines of 6000-12,000 calories. They don't seem to suffer distended guts too often.

Just a lot less intense - trading space for time.

2 comments: