Thursday, June 24, 2010

Eat All You Can!

Back in February 2010, I had the opportunity to eat at the Choices Buffet at Pala.... for those wondering, Pala is near Temecula. Choices was a good experience for me, easily one of the most satisfying all-you-can-eat binges I've been on. Lots of their food was delectable, and I sampled a few things I'd never eaten before.

I must apologize because I didn't take a photo of my second plate, but I think the pictures I did take do justice to the offerings at this Pala restaurant. Italics will denote the foods that I was sampling for the first time.


 1) King crab legs, jumbo shrimp, lobster tails, and swordfish


2) Prime rib, sirloin steak, lobster tails, roasted duck, veal, potatoes, and leg of lamb


3) Hamburger patties, ketchup, piles of cheese, french fries, lobster tails, and curly fries. This is standard fast food mostly, but it was there - and it tasted better than usual. I really enjoyed the pepperjack and provolone cheeses, which you don't often find at McDonald's or Burger King.


4) This is one of the things that separates higher-end buffets from the rest: custom desserts with real ice cream! I was impressed with this vanilla-banana split, buried as it is under a pile of M&M's. It was refreshing to eat some sugar after all the preceding salt.


5) These fancy desserts came from a display case. I asked the server to put one of every kind on my plate.... they were all good, but I especially liked the ones with chocolate in them.


6) Strawberry shortcake sundae, with an extra chocolate chip cookie


7) The desserts from the other side of the display case. I was feeling a massive sugar overload by the time I got through the offerings on this final plate. Again, I really dug the chocolates, but the tiramisu was awesome too. I'm still impressed by the printed designs on the dessert items.

I had a great time at Choices Buffet, and I think that anyone who likes their food will too. It was not easy thinking about food for several hours after I completed my meal. At about $15-30 depending on the meal, I think this a higher-end California buffet worth visiting.

Go there. Eat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment