Tuesday, June 28, 2011

OC Fair 2011?


Last Summer, when the OC Fair was in town, one food display was selling sliders at 99 cents a pop. Tiny little sliders. White Castles are big by comparison. What intrigued me was the marquee headline:

"HOW MANY CAN YOU EAT?"

I like food challenges. It turns out that this was nothing but blatant advertising. There is a rumor circulating that OC Fair Summer 2011 could be laden heavily with the food challenge theme. Personaly, I'm hoping that this a rumor with susbstance. The only officially-sanctioned challenge for the last two years was a  5-lb churro challenge, and that was too greasy to be relished properly.

Given the Fair's typical food selection, I'm hoping to see something involving a huge donut, mamoth hamburger, frog legs, or chili cheese fries. I'd hold out for sushi, but this is probably the wrong place to be looking.

Costa Mesa, here we come?

No comments:

Post a Comment