Saturday, January 8, 2011

Looking Back to 2010


Well, 2010 is over. Happy New Year.

Last year was full of ups and downs. This blog began with an emphasis on mass consumption, and it will stay that way. My comments here will not stray into economics, roadside photography, or professional wrestling.

As far as eating went, 2010 was my most eventful year. Exact counts aren't available, but I participated in nearly 60 restaurant eating challenges and organized contests. That's a ton. We aren't even counting buffets, random restaurants, and meals-at-home-gone-out-of-control. I need to dial it back a bit in 2011.

2010 was a great experience overall. I met several new eating personalities, reconnected with people previously known to me, learned to consume more quickly, and pushed myself to put away more.

Some challenges fell. Others remain standing (damn you.... Big Mike's 36" cheesesteak and Wakasaya's Bikkuri Don).

In 2011, my basic plan is to focus on larger challenges. This will probably mean less frequent participation, but that's no big deal. Eating happens everyday. And, there's still plenty of past experiences to write about.

The next post will be about the 28" Red Devil Team Pizza Challenge in Granada Hills. There's a lot coming after that... not sure about sequencing, but it's in there somewhere.

It was an honor to be selected as a candidate for eatfeats.com's "Male Competitive Eating Challenger of 2010," but there's still a long way to go for me. My cousin once told me: "As long as you impress yourself, you don't need to worry about anyone else." I never forgot his words.

Let the consumption continue.

1 comment: