Sunday, November 7, 2010

'Tis The Season

Looks like we're heading into the holiday season again. That means crowded stores, long lines, and incredibly over-sized packages of sugary products on supermarket shelves. Just reference the photo above.

I don't think the idea is for any single person to eat the contents of the whole package in one sitting, but I know a few people on YouTube who damn well might try. These "stunts," sometimes referred to as "home challenges," seem to be getting really popular. I've resisted the temptation thus far. I think I will continue to do so.

Honestly, though, I'm intrigued that these grotesque portions of chocolate only seem to appear around Christmas time. I figure some people must have a sweet tooth year round? Buffets offer dessert portions seven days a week. There must be some method to that madness.

If 2.5 lbs of chocolates don't grab your fancy, what about half-pound Reese's Peanut Butter Cups?


Peanut butter and chocolate, united in gargantuan proportions! 1 lb of bliss in a $10 package! I believe you can order this product year-round from the company website, but I think it's a lot more exciting to just waltz into a store and pick it up off the shelf. Maybe the thrill of amazon.com hasn't quite sunk in for me yet.

And all this, right off the heels of Halloween and weeks before Thanksgiving. I guess companies really have to push their products in down economic times.

Just what other big finds will we stumble across this holiday season?

Will anyone be crazy enough to eat the whole thing? (Count me out)

1 comment: